YOU select the team!
YOU develop the project!
YOU conduct the research!
YOU create the product!
YOU evaluate the effectiveness!
Let’s face it: everyone needs a little TLC!
OTF appreciates that teachers need to direct their own learning and need to have ongoing face-to-face interactions with colleagues to satisfy this need. More importantly, they need the opportunity and support to accomplish this.
TLC uses a problem-based learning model and is supported by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
As a TLC member, you will be given the opportunity to
- become involved in ongoing self-directed learning;
- spend real time collaborating with colleagues of your choice;
- work as a team on a project of your determination within the specified areas of focus;
- have release time to carry out your learning initiative;
- develop and implement your project over a period of months;
- deepen your practice and evaluate teaching enhancements generated through your research and discussions;
- share with colleagues your knowledge and resources; and
- provide an excellent focus for your Annual Learning Plan. (Bonus!)
Areas of focus
- Math initiatives
- Supporting capacity building in Kindergarten
- assemble a TLC team (colleagues who have a similar interest and work ethic)
- discuss some of the “inquiries” you might like to explore
- zero in on just one or two for your proposal
- email your TLC proposal to email@example.com.
Some examples of projects
- create Math resources
- develop strategies for using iPads in the classroom;
- develop resources for bringing manipulatives into the Grade 8 classroom; or
- develop strategies and resources for using information and communication technologies in Social Sciences
Or, view the 2015 TLC project reports to get some ideas of past projects.
OTF will provide support through a mentoring program. Each team will be assigned an expert teacher who will act as your mentor. This mentor will assist the team, as needed, throughout the process.
Need more information? Click on FAQs.